What I love, the good and the ugly.

Friday, August 20, 2010

School starts on Monday and in all honesty, I think I could've had a better summer. I could have MADE it a better summer, maybe could have and should have are both dangerous words?

- I realized that if I would've in fact were to have a bad one (I didn't), then I have the choice to do something about it. Just like this morning, when I was frustrated with a situation, I identified what made me angry and I chosed to do breathing exercises to help ease the situation.


Something that I have been worried about is getting enough rest for school, because my sleeping habits are weird right now. It's obvious that if I come to class rested, I'll be ready to learn. I LOVE sleep because I don't get enough of it. When I know I don't have to wake up early the next day, I am so grateful to sleep in.

"Sleep is a gift from God."



1. Rest:  The average hours of sleep I get is five hours, when the recommended is eight. What happened? We live in a society where we have technology that serves as a convenience for us. To give us things quicker and faster (automatic toliets anyone?) but apparently there still isn't enough time in the day. We still can't squeeze in rest, instead that goes in the backburner. I can recall days where I did not sleep at all, due to school, work, or caffiene :o)

-This makes me realize, are you more or less loving, patient, caring, helpful, happy, and alert when you are tired or asleep? Having enough rest will enable you and I to be the best you, for ourselves and other people. Also, it'd allow us to be healthy overall mentally and physically.

- If our bodies suffer, so does our soul. Our body and soul are both connected, if you can't function because of sleep, your soul can't function too.

Goal: To get more rest! and train myself to sleep early.

Something(s) I Love

I love vegan green monster muffins.


Vegan Green Monster muffins from The Chiclife. This muffin is so great. I love the concept healthy muffins. It isn't green because of food coloring, but because of spinach :o) My favorite color is green. That helps.

I realized this morning that I frozed some GM muffins from a couple weeks ago when I looked through my freezer. When you don't see it, you forget itso true, so true. It proved to be true when I cleaned my trunk today, I realized that I need to resell my old text books and that I don't need to buy more index cards.

I also love this cow dog



especially dogs that wear diapers


When Lily "cow dog" came into our lives, she was a terrified and fragile little thing. Afraid and rattled by everything that surrounded her, she did not bark at for the first couple of months because she was neglected by her previous owner. After we decided to keep her, she grew comfortable around us and started barking. Her barks are obnoxious! but I love it because I was starting to worry for a bit when she didn't. On the plus side, she also gained weight because my mom feeds her everything.


I love at at-home beauty remedies

Let me intorduce you to a do it yourself pore strip! I realize how disguisting it is, and how I am possibly embarrassing myself for posting this, but it's so cool not to.


The last time I ever bought Biore Pore Strips was in high school, the downside to buying these strips is the cost and the pain. ouch, but it works.

You'll need:
- 1 tbsn of milk (fat free, 2%, whole works)
- 1 tbsn of unflavored gelatin powder
- brush pen (think paint brush or a small cosmetic brush)

Directions- Mix everything, then pop it in the mircowave for one minute. Stir again, and wait til it's good enough to brush a thin layer on your nose. You don't want it to cool all the way because it will harden fast, so hurry! Then brush a thin layer on your nose and wait for ten minutes or until everything is completely dry. Make sure you brush it all over your nose and a bit on the outer layer of your nostrils, so that you can begin peeling from the outer layer towards the tip of your nose.

Let me warn you, it smelled like armpits. yuck. Make sure you deep clean your nose after, because we still smelled stinky pits after.


The peeling was a little painful at certain points, but if I recall, the Biore strips hurt like hell to peel off. I cried tears. But with this home made one, it was only a drop of tear that fell from my eyes this time.


Okay, I am warning you with this next picture. Be prepared to be disgusted, or if you're like me...AMAZED!


This is how it looked like after the peeling. It's kind of hard to see using my camera, but with my naked eye, I saw everythaaang.

I darkened this picture to give you a clearer look.

You're welcome! :oP My nose definately felt softer after.

mmm, I love figs.


I truly hate fig newtons, I don't like anything about the cookie. I can see why people like them, but yuck. This year was the first time I tried fresh ripe figs from the tree. OH.EM.GEE! they taste so amazing, just like candy. I love the texture, the sweetness, and the fact that there are millions of seeds inside. They remind me a lot of chia seeds.



My co-worker Jeff is so lucky to enjoy these fruits of labor. It's a gift.



If I ever own a home, I would definately LOVE to grow my own garden and plant trees. I am adding tomatoes, a fig tree, an orange tree, a grapefuit tree, herbs, onions, peppers, zuchinis, lettuce, etc etc etc. wishful thinking? Well, I am going to turn it into a reality someday :o) Do you plant a garden? If so what are you growing? If not, what would you like to grow?

I also love my home brewed kombucha



I added TJ's concord grape juice before bottling it because the only ingredient is grapes, and oh my goodness, it tastes like the real thing!

                                                             
 =










I love how my mom suprised me by bringing home pasta. nom nom



And she loves volunteering me to do the dishes.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP