I love drinking tea in a mug.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

There's just something about drinking tea in mugs! Anyone agree? especially pretty fancy mugs, they just somehow make tea or (insert hot beverage of your choice here) much more enjoyable to drink.

For the past two days at work, I've been packing my mug in my cooler . I am such a loser :o) and I make sure it FITS in my cooler too. In my cooler I carry tea bags and stevia, the front desk supplies creamer that I can use. I just mircowave my mug with water and then steep my tea bag in + whatever it is to my liking and enjoy!

We got rain on the weekend, and since my work is located right near the ocean...so it got windy and cold! Nothing sounds better than sitting in the guard chair surveying swimmers, wearing a big parka, and sipping on hot tea while watching for safety :o)

I got a package of samples from Optimum Nutrition, yum Chocolate Peanut Butter?

**I have a hard time deciding (since I have one flavor of each) whether I should drink it with almond milk OR water. I've been trying to find a good protein powder where I can depend on just water for it to taste good, or at least decent. So if you have suggestions (I've asked before) I would still like to hear it.**


I went shopping at Target originally for a concealer (because my face has been treating me horrible lately and I've been causing more trauma to the problem) but the concealer I wanted was $10.99! yuck. So I just decided to suck it up and not buy it, whatever. While scanning I went to the Valentines section where everything was on clearence and I bought this new lovely friend!



He was on sale for $1.35! score. I remember wanting to adopt this little fella a while ago but didn't. I couldn't pass up that cute face this time around.

** (on the tangent) I think it's funny how I would pass up on buying non-food items such as that concealer because it was $10.99, but when it comes to food or anything food-related I have no second thoughts what-so-ever. Because after Target, S- and I went to Chipotle (my fav) and spent $8 and that mug $1.35 = $9.35... I would have needed  >$2  just enough to buy that said concealer.

The $20 or how ever much I spend at the groceries add up. So I think it's time I start spending smartly, just recently I've been buying ice berg lettuce rather than the pre-packages salads which saves me ~ $2 and I've been waiting til the end of the week to stock up and go to the farmers market instead. score again.

Latest obession with tea:
Gingerbread Spice by Celestial Seasonings

I've been drinking this non-stop and I am so sad because it's a seasonal tea, hence the stores do not carry it til winter. But holy smokes! have I read this right? that you can buy it online?

It tastes so amazing with cream/almond milk/milk/soy (whatever you prefer) plus stevia. yummmmm!

I added a splash of soymilk and this creamer that I took from 7-Eleven :o)


plus stevia = amazing!
(I drink my tea with my tea bag in the whole time, esp if it doesn't have staples!)

and Mangosteen Green Tea with Matcha by Stash



When I smell the package, it's literally like being in a Folger's coffee commercial. It's so tangy and delicious with stevia, it's so aromatic!




Things I learned this week:

+ When I add baking soda to my protein pancake...which consist of just a measley four ingredients (oats, egg whites, flax, stevia) it makes my protein pancake firmer. (I like to dip it in fruit spread after)

+ Not to buy ice cream when I tell myself I'll eat better, because I will eat the whole thing!

+ When I see someone pick their wedgie, try not to think-out-loud by saying "I saw that" it was just so ackward!



Hope you have a great week.

Fill in the blank: The best part of waking up is ______  in your cup.

2 comments:

Erica February 22, 2010 at 4:50 AM  

oh my gosh! I couldn't agree more! I work from home Mondays & Fridays and enjoy my COFFEE so much more in a real mug (vs. a travel mug). That mug from target is so freaking cute! What a steal. Hope you have a nice Monday

Alyson @ Nourished Fitness February 27, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

Yes I completely agree! I drink crazy amounts of tea and have developed a bit of a mug collection as a result. I seem to stick with one tea for a while then switch to another. I was on a Gingerbread kick for a while. I'd add Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze, English Toffee Sugar-Free Syrup and Stevia.. amazing :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP