What did you do?

Monday, May 31, 2010

Today's weather couldn't be anymore perfect for Memorial day! I don't know about you, but I think if anyone were to plan their wedding, Memorial day would be the right date. It seems to always call for the perfect weather here in San Diego and is one of the most busiest day to hit up the beach. Poor beach guards, that must be a stressful day for them.



But for us pool guards, it was sort of dead, we had more people than I expected. I predicted 2-3 since it was a grand re-opening, but we actually had ~8-10 people.

On perfect days like this, I get reminded of why my job rocks, because I get to work outdoors and soak up some Vitamin D!



Let's rewind baaaack to yesterday. It was very relaxing, I got errands done, went to church, and had breakfast for dinner afterwards.

Looking for a place always seems to be the trouble after church, there are so many options but it's hard to make up your mind, especially when you don't know what you're craving. I knew I just wanted a complete balanced meal with protein + carbs and nothing heavy.

Last minute the BFF and I decided to go to Studio Diner, if you've seen DDD from the Food Network, Guy Fieri raved and drooled about this place (like he does every other diner), so glad it's right up our alley.


Ash ordered Mozz stix as a starter, it looked ggggoooood.
The sauce looked yummy, too bad I didn't try it! I just loved how it looked homemade vs. straight from the can. You can see the chunks of tomatos and herbs. yum.


Finally our meal came, prior to ordering I had asked the waitress to omit the butter and after a slight confusion on my part (I get confused or I don't fully hear) I forgot to tell her to switch the cheese from cheddar to feta. oh darn. Do you get a few brain farts when it comes to customizing your meals? I repeatly remind myself before hand, but seem to always forget this and that.

 
Still good anyway :o) I ordered a veggie omelete that consisted of Broccoli, Mushrooms, Tomato, Spinach, and Cheese.

I also asked for jalapenos on the side, turns out they were fresh peppers and they did not de-seed them. I had a horrible experience in the past where I did not de-seed a jalapeno pepper, AND that did not turn out well. I was scarred.

But I ate it anyway

I had a fun time at studio diner, and want to definately go back again and try something new.

Today at work I snacked on a peanut butter sandwich with arnold thins



After a bite, it was missing something...I'm so glad I packed strawberry jam...you know, just in case.


I took a couple of these packets fromt he diner because I also got an english muffin on the side with my omelete, but it already had butter smeared on it :o( I would've saved it for the next day too. oh well.

Perrrrfect size for dipping measures, I'm a food breaker at heart.


I ate as I watched my co-worker Jeff swim laps.


 He's a beast, he's like Bear Grylls and Lance Armstrong in one. He's either doing something cardio related or growing tomatoes. Just epic.


He brought a banana to work. resemblance?

A little bit? just a little...?

Anyway, I digress, but words of wisdom from Jeff stuck with me today. That moment came when I was whining about how bored I was (I was going mad), Jeff simply just responded with "really? when I get bored I do something"

 I didn't know what to say because I was caught off guard, he was dead on right. The answer is obviously...obvious, but I never put those words into action. The action of doing nothing pretty much sums up my life ever since school was out! First of all, the fact that all I had to complain about was how bored I was...consider that a blessing. But it made me think about how much time I've wasted in the past week all because I did nothing.

It's a sign because yesterday I felt useless and unmotivated because I realized (I always realize things at church) that I have qualities that are not put to use (and maybe because I napped most of the time yesterday!), but maaaaybe...just maybe I can make a difference in something, whatever it may be. That I will have to figure out.

As much as I would like to watch re-runs of Glee or nap during the day, I want to make something count in my life, maybe that's why I feel like something is missing in my life...thanks for igniting the bulb. oh the simple moments in life :o)

DO Something should be the mantra.

I'm going to start by going to the gym and working on cardio + legs.
work in process!

1 comments:

Anonymous June 1, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

ah I always custom order when I eat out. I feel like the most obnoxious order-er ever!
Katherine

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP