Tuesday, January 11, 2011
I've been in such a baking mood lately, mostly in the cookie arena because it's simple, and it takes less than 30 minutes to bake a batch of cookies that
1. You can have for for dessert after breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
2. To exchange to your friends and/or family
3. Just to give as gifts or a nice thought
4. Or to eat all to yourself! nom nom nom
The best cookie I've ever made was a batch of Mama P's Peanut Butter Dough Balls
Initially it's supposed to be vegan, but I didn't have vegan butter or vegan chocolate chips, but still great nonetheless!
Very peanut buttery good
The dough came out very soft and airy, it was so nice to work with. After freezing the dough to firm up, I rolled it into balls, hence Peanut Butter Dough BALLS.
Maybe it didn't firm quite enough because the cookie flattened a wee bit. It was so good, I am in love with the softness of the cookie. I think I ate three. It used to be that I enjoyed the almost burnt-crispy cookies, but now it's all about the golden outer layer and with a doughy center. mmm
I used chunky peanut butter, you can clearly see the peanuts.
Since I have nothing blog worthy to post, I suppose I will do a quick post about things that I love.
1. Candles! add them to any room and it puts me at a relaxed state of mind, there is just something whimsical about a candle that I like. It makes it enjoyable to have on my desk beside me while I am reading. When our heater broke, I seriously used this candle to keep me warm by placing my hands over it like a campfire. It also makes my room smell wonderful. This candle was on sale for $10 (originally $20) and it is HUGE.
2. Trader Joes Tree Tree Tingle Body Wash- I am in love with this body wash. After buying a candle and realizing how a scent can put me at a calm state, I purchased this on a whim because I love the smell of peppermint and eucalyptus. Man, let me tell you, after I bought this my showering time has doubled. When I would take yoga and shower at their facility, I washed and rinsed myself three times (hey! it ain't my water bill) just to take a whiff of myself!
3. Moleskin journal- I bought this journal two months ago (it came in a pack of two) and today I officially finished writing in the first journal. I am happy to start onto my next, I love the feel of the paper, how flexible, and nice it fits in my purse. It isn't bulky at all, it makes journal writing fun. I bought more journals a week ago from a japanese store, so I will see whether it matters or not whether it's moleskin that I take a liking to. I would say I have a total of five journals that I never finished though out the years, moleskin is the only journal that I finished writing from start to finish.
4. Sailor Gel Pen .38mm- Since I've been journaling a lot, I have to find a good pen. The only pen that I really like are the ones I buy at a japanese store called Marukai on Balboa. It's the only place I know so far with a pen that has the thickness of .38mm. That is thin! I've used ball bens to write in my journal but it smudged all the time, using this gel pen takes pressure off my hands because I press hard when I write and it glides on perfectly.
5. Starfield- I am in love with this album.
6. Yoga- I foresee more yoga in my future, I bought an unlimited one month pass to CorePower Yoga when a really good deal presented itself. Unfortunately my month ends tomorrow, so all I can do is wait til another deal hits at www.groupon.com Yoga is seriously addicting! I've sweat more doing yoga than I do exercising. It's because the classes I choose are in a heated setting. My favorite positions are the baby pose and crow because it really stretches my hips. My hips are usually tight from sitting all day at work.
7. Babies- They make my heart melt. sigh.